Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday is the New Sunday

So this week I gained some serious knitting steam! I had nearly run out of my yarn and ordered some more from the nearest Hobby Lobby (who has yet to obtain some after 2 weeks).  Luckily, I was working in another part of town and stopped in the HL while I was wandering around.  They had a great big shelf full of my much needed yarn!

If you've never been mid afghan and low on supplies, you may not know this kind of despair.  I have a nasty habit of beginning large projects with too little yarn and small projects with too much yarn.  It could be some strange form of knitting dyslexia, but I may need a few more cases before I start naming disorders after myself.

Some more good news!  We got our wedding pictures back from the photographer, and the wedding video back from the editor!  Also after  a few months of asking my husband to read a book with me, we are reading/re-reading the Hunger Games together! Bam!
I love these books and really wanted to re-read them before the next movie.  Solution?  Get yourself a library card and download an e-audio book. My dad does this all the time to listen to books while he walks the dog.  It's a great service.  You can load the books onto your ipod or whatevs.  Right now I love having it on my laptop.  We turn off the TV and listen to the story.  It's like listening to the pre-TV radio stories, and is a super easy way to enjoy a "book" with your non-reading engineer types like my dad and husband.

So that's pretty much it.  I had a pretty good week. Nothing spectacular, but a solid handful of little pleasures is a great reward.  And I got a free milkshake today.  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment