Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The slow road to big-girldom

Disclaimer: I fully acknowledge how incredibly spoiled I am to just now be having these experiences at the age of 25, and I thank my parents for the hard work it took to grant me such advantages in life.

The transition from belonging to my parents to belonging to my husband and myself is nearing completion!  As of this week I will have big-girl responsibilities.  My dad gave me the title to my car as a wedding gift (AWESOME! THANKS DADDY!) and now I will finally experience the tedium of vehicle ownership.  The good news is, adding me and my little Rav4 brings down the premium on my hubby's risque Mach 1.  Ladies, be a good driver.  Stand up to stereotypes and be a financial asset to your man!  Woo!  Adulthood! 

We also got me switched on the health insurance.  Here's where I get weird...  I can not wait to pick out our doctor!  We are planning to stay in Houston for a while and I am a creepy kid that thinks ahead to the possibility of needing family medicine.  No imaginary baby of mine will be tended to by some FDA funded drug puppet doctor!  I am about to be a very crazy person.  The plan is to date different doctors until I find a good fit with a convenient office location.  Any jerk bookworm can be a physician, I need a jerk bookworm who has the patience to deal with an over educated know-it-all patient with hippyish medical ideals.  I'm dreaming of a D.O. practice which employs many P.A.s.  *sigh*  Wouldn't that be a beautiful place full of preventative and preferably natural treatments?  I may dabble in finding a good chiropractor as well.  Now that I'm away from my hometown network of natural medicine practitioners, it's hard to know who to call when you need to know which herbal tea suits your joint pain.  

In other, less crazy kid news...  I submitted my P.A. school applications!!!!  I'm so glad to have them out of my hands!  My fingers and toes are crossed that I will land an acceptance this year.  I also successfully completed a 48 hour detox diet over the labor day weekend.  It didn't always taste great, but I did drop 4 pounds.  The cleanse might have also contributed to the awesome run I had on Tuesday.  I felt like a well oiled machine!  
AND I finished the afghan I've been knitting since January!  No yarn left over either!  I believe this was a first for me.  I am incredibly proud of how it turned out and I love using it! 

Wavy Afghan pattern free hand out from Michael's
all the best giant throw blankets have fringe!

It covers a queen sized bed! (we have sheets, I promise they were in the wash)
So there you have it.  I am a knitting goddess with health insurance, vehicle ownership, and P.A. applications on their way to judgement day.  Things are looking good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment