Thursday, August 22, 2013

Master of Science

It finally happened!  We went back to Ohio this past weekend for my master's graduation ceremony!  It feels so great to finally have that chapter in my closing.  Even though the flight was expensive, I'm really glad that my husband could come share my first college graduation ceremony with me (I didn't walk for my bachelor's because I was a bride's maid that day).  I also felt special with my fancy master's hood.  

I've also finally fixed my poor neglected car!  She has her door trim reattached, and her exhaust is welded back on to the muffler!  No longer does she sound or look like a hill billy.  And the paperwork continues.  Now that she's in order, I can get the title put in my new name etc.  We're also playing the health insurance game.   

Some awesome news:  I bought some water colors and created some beastly paintings!!  I've had some ideas for paintings in my mind for almost a year now, and I've finally followed through on them.   Painting is one of those things for me that can go one way or another.  I either fall miserably short of my expectations, or exceed them by leaps and bounds.  Fortunately this time, I exceeded them.  I love getting on a creative roll.  It makes me feel super capable.  Hopefully I can keep it going and apply it to some useful projects we need completed around the apartment.  

Well I'm in the middle of cooking dinner!  Until Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment