Monday, August 12, 2013

I declare vendetta against my mail lady.

    Finally.  I finally got my new drivers license in the mail on friday.  It took a full month to get it in the mail.  The state of texas does this goofy thing, where they print you out a sheet of paper with your picture and license info on it.  The real thing couldn't have come at a better time.  I wasn't so sure that the airports outside of texas would be cool with my little print out.

     So the delay isn't really my mail lady's fault as far as I can tell.  On the other hand, she did put it in the wrong mailbox.  My foreign neighbors took the liberty of opening my mail before bringing it to me.  Better than pitching it without looking I guess.

    Why do I feud with my mail carrier?  Breach of package delivery protocol.  Here's how a typical package delivery goes at our apartment:

USPS tracking website says the package is delivered.
Interesting, I see no such package.
Leasing office?  No, they haven't seen it either...
Post office?  What package?  How do you spell your name again?

   Typically I do this circle of checkpoints for 1-4 days before my desired parcel is in my possession.  Ultimately the post office tells me to call them early in the morning and ask for my postal carrier before she leaves for deliveries.  Then she and I struggle to communicate given her Engrish, and I continue to circle my checkpoints as she recommends.  

Good news?  I made cheese! I made cream cheese and used some of the whey to make my own lacto-fermented ketchup!  The cream cheese and the ketchup are both delicious and I am really encouraged to continue with the transformation of my fridge!!  If you take any ideas from this blog, it should be to make your own ketchup.  So good!!

Summary: My mail lady irked me.  I went on a rage jog and came home and made ketchup and cleaned my bunny's cage.  I'm considering hosting a dinner simply to show off my ketchup.



No comments:

Post a Comment