Sunday, June 12, 2016

So PA School....

I have not written in my blog for 2 years. Yep. I figure a little occasional visit is a good idea just for me to touch base.

Since I last wrote I was accepted to UTMB's PA school! I've pretty much completed the first year and will be starting clinicals in about 2 weeks! YIKES! So I don't feel like I need to excuse myself for a lack of writing. PA school is easily the most challenging task I've ever taken on. It is exhausting on mental, emotional, and physical levels. It takes a toll on your personal relationships and your waistline. It is tough, tough, tough. But I would sign up again any day. It's the hardest thing I've ever done, and one of the most satisfying and enjoyable types of work you can do.

Part of my attempt to protect my mental health has been starting knitting projects for myself. No baby gift for anyone while I'm in school. Just asking for higher quality fibers at holidays and making some wearable treats for me!! Nothing is finished yet, but I am loving the thought of laboring over myself!

I'll be starting my clinical year in a surgery rotation. Long hours, lots of standing and walking, and little eating. Should help get rid of my didactic year insulation, but I'm really looking forward to getting a routine going that includes the gym.

This is not a well organized entry with an objective or a game plan. Just sharing a few things while I binge watch some GoT with my hubster :)

No comments:

Post a Comment