Monday, June 24, 2013

Commence Launch Sequence

   I'm not a terribly huge fan of twitter or self pitying facebook status updates.  I'm not a big texter or much of a shutter bug.  Those things being true,  I'm getting excited to use blogging as an e-journal.  I hope to use this blog as a means to share some of the cool stuff I learn as life rolls along.  But beware... my journaling is traditionally a random, wordy stream-of-conscieness type pile of stuff.  Being my own biggest fan, I think it's whimsical and entertaining but if you're not fluent in jabber you may prefer another blog.  
   What makes my life and hobbies worth reading about?  Nothing in particular. But I can proudly say that I am constantly chipping away at becoming the woman I want me to be.  I've very recently married the man of my dreams, and still have quite the to-do list to conquer.  I believe that self affirmation is a powerful tool in achieving your goals.  Hopefully, publicly sharing my aspirations (small and large) will make me feel accountable for completing them.
   What the duck is a salty strawberry?  I am.  I'm borderline ginger (strawberry), unfortunately lose my temper (Irish*), and can be more cynical than I'd like to be (scientist*).  So here we go.  I love stitchery crafts.  I consider myself a knitter, but like to crochet to shake things up!  I love to eat.  This basically leads me to two more hobbies, cooking and working out.
     I'm not the greatest chef, but I get a lot out of learning how to best use ingredients and trying new foods.  My husband is 1st generation nigerian, so I have been working hard to learn a new nigerian recipe from my mother in law every time we visit.  I have a love-hate relationship with being physically active.  I love the confidence, I love the results, I love the calorie budget it provides for my sweet tooth.  I hate the battle for self motivation, I hate that jogging is my primary cardio now, and I hate the lame jog pace my short legs provide.  I love cartoons, sci-fi, movies, history, science, fish, pet-care, water sports, and spending time with my friends and family.
   I'd like to get as much as I can out of this blog by posting something new at least every sunday evening.  Hopefully I can reflect on my week and share what I've learned or created, or even just share something that I'm grateful for.  Again, self-affirmation is key.  The physical act of smiling can release the neurotransmitters that tell your brain you're happy.  So smile and feel happy, blog about your happy life and have a happy life!

*The Irish scientist part of my self description lead to the Cleveland colloquialism "salty" in the title

P.S. That scientist bit is not a lie.  As you may have noticed by my asterisk use above, shit will be cited and whozits will be analyzed.  No apologies.  Asterisks are real things, and I use them as such!

No comments:

Post a Comment